Last night of vacation. It has been a long three and half weeks, and I am ready to get back to the Bay Area: drinkable tap water, cool breezes, and fresh vegetables! It has been a great vacation. I am so glad that Drewni and Eli were able to come. Here's a quick recap of my highlights from the trip:
1. Mexican food. It was so good, so fresh, like Mexican food at home but better. Sopa de lima, tacos, empanadas...
2. Volcanoes. I climbed up two dormant volcanoes (one leading to a gorgeous secret waterfall), swam in the crater of another (dormant volcano), and saw real. live. lava. in a fourth active volcano, or I guess magma, but either way so cool (no pun intended).
3. Mangoes. Everyday you can go out on the street and find freshly sliced mangoes in a back for only 10 cordobas (approximately 30 cents). So orange, so juicy!
4. In-house swimming pool. I am definitely going to miss being able to go swimming whenever I want. Much needed when a cold day here is a chilly 82 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Reading a lot. It's hard to find time to read at home, with school, work, and other responsibilities, but I finished three books here. It's great. I'm going to try to keep this up at home.
6. Feeding monkeys. So much fun that we actually kayaked back to the island, ran into town, bought more bananas, got back on the kayaks, and returned to the island so we could feed the monkeys more bananas. And I got a lot of dope pictures too!
Goodbye Granada (and Chichen Itza), thank you for everything!
I have some really cool photography stuff in the works when I return home! I can't wait to share them with you all!